In 2005, a travel company claimed to have calculated the most depressing day of the year as part of a campaign to get people to book summer holidays. The equation considered the weather conditions, the number of hours of darkness, personal debt levels, time until pay day, time since Christmas, time since breaking new year’s resolutions, low motivation going back to work and probably how much weight you’ve put on, how far through Dry January you’ve got and the last time the cat threw up on the carpet! Anyway, the answer is the third Monday in January and although the equation was completely flawed, Blue Monday stuck!
It now marks a day where we decide to take positive action and for many that will include deciding that it’s time to change job. January is generally considered one of the best times to look for a job as many companies are starting their new financial year and have considered the new roles they want to fill for the year ahead
If you’re ready to take the plunge and make a change, here’s how we can help.
1. One-to-One meeting – When you register with us, we will meet you to discuss the type of role you are looking for and which companies will best suit you in terms of corporate culture, work life balance and the type of work to match your skills and qualifications. We can meet at a time that’s convenient to you in complete confidence.
2. CV Tips – If it’s been a while since you last updated your CV or you’ve never created one before, we can help you to get it into perfect condition. Also take a read of our article on CV writing which is full of hints and tips to get you started. Unlocking the Da Vinci Code to CV writing
3. Interview Preparation – Interviews can be a nerve-wracking experience, especially if it’s new to you or you haven’t had one in a while. We’ll work with you to talk you through the process, help you find the best way to talk about your experience, the types of questions you might be asked and that you should ask, run through any tasks or presentations you may need to prepare for the interview and simply wish you good luck!
4. Interview follow-up and next steps – We’ll follow up with you afterwards to see how it went and liaise with the client for their feedback and let them know how you felt it went. If you are successful, we can help you to negotiate your contract and offer or if you’re unsuccessful on this occasion we will help you with the next opportunity.
5. Client knowledge – we work with many of the leading financial services, legal and professional businesses in the Channel Islands, meeting with them regularly to understand their culture, business strategy and plans for the future, so we can ensure that we are matching the right candidates to the right company, improving your chances of success and their acquisition of the right talent.
6. A wealth of new job vacancies every week – we receive brand new roles every week from world-class organisations, from small family offices through to large FTSE 250 companies, all with excellent levels of remuneration and good career prospects from trainees to CEOs.
We know it is often hard to take that first step to make a move from your current role or when first entering the world of work, but we’re here to work with you in the best way possible to help you achieve your career goals. Contact us now at email@example.com or phone 01534 486986 or if you see a role you like apply via our website